- If you are a Visitor to our Site (damelinonline.co.za)
- Persons who submit form enquiries about our programmes to us or enter their data into one of our data forms; and
- Registered students and Damelin Online Alumni
C. Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in a form on our Site. This includes information, which you provide to us when making an enquiry about an online short learning programme and/or information provided at the time of making an application to participate an online short learning programme through our Site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Details from communication if you contact us, as we may keep a record of that communication;
- Details obtained from surveys/questionnaires, which we may ask you to complete, that will be used for research purposes. You are not obligated to complete our marketing academic surveys/questionnaires.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information obtained from telephonic queries, which may be recorded for quality assurance purposes. You may request a copy of this telephonic discussion from email@example.com
D. User’s IP Address:
- We may collect data from your computer and/or smart device, applicable to your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our Users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
F. Uses made of the Information:
- General administrative purposes;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented at optimal performance for our students and computer/smart device;
- To allow students to participate in interactive features of our Online Learning Platform, when you choose to do so;
- To notify students about changes to our services;
- To notify students of other services that may be of interest to you
- If you have applied for a course or are enrolled on a course with us:
i. to process your application;
ii. to provide the course and associated academic and pastoral support;
iii. to process payment of the course fees; and
iv. to carry out our legal obligations to report to third parties such as the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
v. Following the completion of a course with us, you will become part of our alumni network. Because of this, we may use information held about you to: keep you informed about us as a College and any events you are eligible to attend as an alumni student; carry out surveys regarding your time as a student enrolled on a course and to ascertain other information about you; and carry out our legal obligations to report to third parties such as the Higher Education Statistics Agency in respect of surveys they may require us to undertake. This includes surveys such as the DLHE (Destination of Higher Education Leavers) survey which may be undertaken by the Higher Education Statistics Agency or one of their agents or subcontractors.