Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme will equip learners with the necessary skills to implement Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (70-685). It is recognised internationally and learners may complete optional external computer based exams for international recognition.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: PC Support, SAQA ID 21191, Level 4, 120 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Upon successful completion learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Network Administrator
How to get in?
- English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Approved CAT exemption
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 46 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Identify cause of and resolve desktop application issues
- Identify cause of and resolve networking issues
- Manage and maintain systems that run Windows 7
- Support mobile users
- Identify cause of and resolve security issues
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
- On successful completion of the programme and if the learner is found competent in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional International MCITP exam, the learner will receive a Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician Certificate for international recognition.