Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme in Project+ is a great certification to highlight a learner’s skills - and unlike some project management certifications, you can earn CompTIA Project+ in a reasonable period of time without spending a lot of money. CompTIA Project+ is a globally recognised project management certification that identifies qualified and quality project managers.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- IT Project Manager
- Project Planner
How to get in?
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 156 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Requirements to complete a pre-project setup
- Characteristics of a project
- Steps required to validate a project
- Different types of organizational structures
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
- Upon successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external exam, the learner will receive a CompTIA Project + (PKO - OO3) Certificate.