Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme will revise the manual monthly bookkeeping function and is endorsed by the ICB. It will introduce learners to payroll and the Basic Conditions of Employment Act as well as basic business ethics. Learners will be able to complete the payroll function from the bookkeeping perspective.
This Skills Programme is endorsed by the ICB and covers the outcomes of the unit standards required for the following:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping (SAQA ID: 58375)
- FET Certificate: Bookkeeping (SAQA ID: 58376)
Careers you’d be great at
Learners who complete this programme will be able to perform the functions of:
- Calculation of PAYE/SDL/UIF remuneration
- Monthly EMP deductions
- Completion of the monthly EMP201 returns
- Completion of annual IRP5, IRP6 and IT3a documents
- EMP501 and VAT201 returns using both the manual submission system and E-filing
How to get in?
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Accounting at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Ideally, learners should have completed the Skills Programme in Bookkeeping to Trial Balance first before enrolling for this programme.
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 48 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Recording business financial transactions
- Revise the manual monthly bookkeeping function
- Introduction to payroll
- The Basic Conditions of Employment Act as well as basic business ethics
- Ethics and the registered Tax Practitioner
- Completing the payroll function from a bookkeeping perspective
- Completing the SARS payroll returns (EMP201, IRP 5, IT3a, IRP501)
- Completing the VAT201 return
- Statutory registrations
This programme does not include a Workplace Learning component
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, ICB will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the modules covered. The ICB will apply to FASSET on the learner’s behalf for the Skills Programme in Payroll and Monthly SARS to be awarded. Learner results will be recorded on the ICB National Learner Records Database within 3 months of completion.
**Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.