Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme is designed for learners who would enjoy the networking environment. It would also expose learners to networking, troubleshooting and implementation of networks.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: Technical Support, SAQA ID 78964, Level 4, 163 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- End User Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Technician
How to get in?
- English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Approved CAT exemption
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- A+ Certification
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 175 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, do research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Build a network with the OSI seven-layer model
- Configure network hardware, topologies, and cabling
- Connect multiple Ethernet components
- Configure wireless networks
- Work with network protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SIP, and IMAP
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 routing Protocols
- Shares and access network resources
- Interconnect network operating systems-Windows, Mac OS, UNIX/Linux
- Set up clients and servers for remote access
- Monitor and troubleshoot networks
- Secure network with firewalls, packets filtering, encryption, authentication, and other methods
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the outcomes covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the outcomes covered together with the credits obtained.
Upon successful completion of the optional external International exams, the learner will receive a CompTIA N+ Certificate (International recognition).