Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme is part of the IBS National Certificate: Business Administration programme at NQF Level 3 and has been designed for any individual who is interested in the administration function in any organisation or business in any sector, including non-commercial organisations such as clubs and charitable organisations. Administration refers to secretaries, administrative assistants, administrators and clerks.
Through building day-to-day administration skills, it teaches the learner to meet standards of service excellence.
The full qualification is recorded against the Professional Qualification: Business Administration (PQBA), with SAQA ID No. 60650 (120 credits).
Careers you’d be great at
The learners who complete the qualification could pursue a career as a/an:
- Office/Admin Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Financial/Banking Administrator
- Public Relations Officer
- Marketing Administrator
How to get in?
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 65 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal framework for business operations in the South African context
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical problems faced by business operating in an increasingly globalised environment
- Identify the legislation that regulates the employment relationship in business
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of each skills programme, IBS will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the modules and credits achieved. Only on completion of 3 modules towards the full qualification will the learner be awarded a Certificate with a FASSET endorsement. Learner results will be recorded on the IBS National Learners' Records Database within 6 months of completion.
**Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.