Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme is designed for learners who would enjoy the networking environment. It would also expose learners to networking, troubleshooting and implementation of networks.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: Systems Development, SAQA ID 78965, Level 4, 165 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- End User Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Technician
How to get in?
- Foundational skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Ability to use a personal computer competently
- Competence in the unit standard, "Participate in formal meetings", NQF Level 2 (ID 14911), as completed in the learning programme
- Approved CAT exemption (Grade 12)
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 87 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, do research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
Introduction to Computer Programming
- Describe problem analysis and program design techniques variables, constants, calculations.
- Describe different data representations used in computer programmes.
- Describe the basic principles of Computer Programming.
- Describe the principles used in designing a computer programme.
- Operate computer programming development tools.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different data representations used in computer programmes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental programming principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of high level programming language concepts.
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, and if the learner is found to be competent in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the outcomes covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the outcomes covered together with the credits obtained.