Why this course is perfect for you?
The aim of this Skills Programme is to equip learners with a sound knowledge of the underlying principles of C# programming language developed for implementing system software for portable application software.
This Skills Programme is part of a full qualification that is mapped to a cluster of unit standards taken from a programme that is accredited by MICT SETA, namely National Certificate in Information Technology: Systems Development, SAQA ID 48872, NQF level 5, 131 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Computer Programmer
- Software Developer
How to get in?
- Foundational skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a personal computer competently
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 61 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF national hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Control constructs
- Dynamic memory allocation
- Object-oriented programming
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
- Upon successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external exam, the learner will receive an MCPD (Microsoft Certified Professional Developer) Certificate from Microsoft.