Why this course is perfect for you?
Whether you're a beginner striving to break into the field, or experienced in networking and administration, this course covers Network Infrastructure in depth as you configure your own Server 2008 Network. It is recognised internationally and learners may complete optional external computer based exams for international recognition at their expense.
This is part of an accredited NQF programme, with MICT SETA, namely National Certificate: Information Technology, Systems Support (PC Engineering), SAQA ID 48573, Level 5, 147 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
How to get in?
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 118 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF national hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (70-642)
- Configure IP addressing, routing, and IPsec
- Configure name resolution using Domain Name Systems (DNS)
- Configure remote and wireless network access
- Configure Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Configure file and print services
- Monitor and manage a network infrastructure
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
- On successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional International exams, the learner will receive a Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (MCTS) (70-642) Certificate for international recognition.