Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme will equip learners with the necessary skills to implement ‘Configuring Windows 7(70-680). It is recognised internationally and learners may complete the optional external computer based exams for international recognition.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: PC Support, SAQA ID 21191, Level 4, 120 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Upon successful completion learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional
- Server Administrator
- Network Administrator
How to get in?
- English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Approved CAT exemption
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 38 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
By using this training kit, you will learn how to do the following:
- Perform a clean installation
- Upgrade to Windows 7 from previous versions of Windows
- Migrate user profiles
- Prepare system image for deployment
- Configure a VHD and other devices
- Configuring networking settings
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
- On successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional International exams MCITP, the learner will receive a Configuring Windows 7 Certificate for International recognition.