Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme will enable learners to have the expertise to confidently evaluate, design, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008 solutions. It also allows learners to demonstrate their ability to use new features, including Web tools, virtualization technologies, security enhancements and management utilities.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full programme: National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Support (PC Engineering), SAQA ID 48573, Level 5, 147 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
How to get in?
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 103 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure (70-643)
- Deploy Windows servers and clients across a network by using Windows Deployment Services and the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
- Configure Hyper-V and other Windows virtualization technologies
- Configure high-availability storage solutions for servers
- Configure and manage Terminal Services in Windows Services in Windows Server 2008
- Configure and manage Internet Information Services 7.0
- Configure Windows Media Services
- Configure Windows SharePoint Services
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
Upon successful completion of the optional International exams, the learner will receive a Configuring Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure (MCITP) (70-643) Certificate for international recognition.