Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme will provide learners with the necessary skills in Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (70-640). It is recognised internationally and learners may complete optional external computer based exams for international recognition. The Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) on Windows Server 2008 credential is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who work in the complex computing environment of medium to large companies.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICTS SETA accredited full programme: National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Support (PC Engineering), SAQA ID 48573, Level 5, 147 credits.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (Upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- Server configurations Administrator
- Network Administrator
How to get in?
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 65 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (70-640)
- The Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) service in Windows Server 2008 provides a centralised authentication service for Microsoft networks
- Upgrade existing domain controllers, domains and forests to Windows Server 2008
- Efficiently administer and automate the administration of users, groups, and computers
- Enable authentication between domain and forests
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
Upon successful completion of the optional external exam, the learner will receive a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (70-640) Certificate.