Why this course is perfect for you?
This module offers candidates the opportunity to acquire an understanding of key web publishing concepts and the core skills required to design, create and maintain a static website, without having to commit time and valuable resources to a professional-level web design programme. Candidates learn a range of web design skills from HTML to cascading style sheets (CSS).
Careers you’d be great at
Learners could pursue any of the following career fields:
- Web Designer
- Image Editors
How to get in?
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Skills at Grade 11 or equivalent.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 16 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Understand key web concepts and terms
- Understand the basic principles of HTML and use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages, format text, and work with hyperlinks and tables
- Recognise and use common web image formats and create forms in a web page
- Understand and use cascading style sheets (CSS)
- Prepare web pages for publishing to a web server
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, Damelin will apply on the learner’s behalf for the ICDL Web Editing Certificate from ICDL South Africa. The ICDL Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification.