Why this course is perfect for you?
The success of almost any business depends largely on the effectiveness of its marketing and sales team. The programme in Sales and Marketing Management recognises the vital importance of this function and has been designed to give a broad understanding of marketing. At the same time, learners acquire selling skills and techniques which are essential in order to be successful in this field.
The programme is designed for people who are new to sales and marketing or who want to understand the impact of marketing on every part of the business.
Careers you’d be great at
With this programme, successful learners could pursue a career in:
How to get in?
Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 10 or equivalent.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 50 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
The following outcomes will be achieved in this programme:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role of marketing in the firm
- Segment the market and position your product/service
- Demonstrate knowledge of the South African marketing environment and the role of marketing research
- Recognise buyer behaviour in the consumer and business market
- Manage the 4 Ps - product, price, promotion and place (distribution)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role and function of marketing within the sales environment
- Explain the difference between selling and marketing
- Demonstrate knowledge of the managerial and ethical aspects of selling
- Demonstrate knowledge of prospecting and handling objections in the sales process
- Demonstrate knowledge of exhibitions, trade shows and telesales
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, learners will receive the Damelin Short Programme in Sales and Marketing Management Certificate.