Why this course is perfect for you?
The module aims to suit a broad range of candidates who are planning projects - for example, university students planning a research project, individuals planning construction projects of various sizes, managers of content development projects relating to training, or individuals planning an event such as a corporate conference or wedding.
The module focuses on the use of project management software to prepare project plans and monitor projects and includes planning and managing time, costs, tasks, and resources. It is predominantly skills based.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners could pursue any of the following career fields:
- Project Planning
- Project Management
How to get in?
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Skills at Grade 11 or equivalent.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 16 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Understand the key concepts relating to managing projects
- Use a project management application to create a new project and maintain an existing project
- Create and schedule tasks and add project constraints and deadlines
- Assign costs and create and assign resources to tasks
- View the critical path, monitor progress and reschedule work
- Prepare and print outputs, including charts and reports
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, Damelin will apply on the learner’s behalf for the ICDL Project Planning Certificate from ICDL South Africa. The ICDL Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification.