Why this course is perfect for you?
Learners completing this programme will be able to explain the effect of shrinkage and losses on the organisation, identify potential areas of loss and causes of loss within their designated area and implement loss control measures. They will be able to prepare for the stock counts, staff the outlet to meet counting requirements, train staff and analyse the stock count event.
Careers you’d be great at
With this programme, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Storekeeping Supervisor
- Distribution Supervisor
How to get in?
Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 11 or equivalent.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 80 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
The following outcomes will be achieved in this programme:
Supervise customer service standards
- Implement customer service standards
- Improve customer service standards
- Oversee the handling of customer queries and complaints
Supervise implementation of loss control measures
- Explain the effect of shrinkage and losses
- Implement action to minimise losses in identified areas
- Implement measures to reduce shoplifting
Supervise stock counts
- Supervise stock count preparations
- Prepare staff for a stock count
- Oversee the counting process
- Supervise post stock count procedures
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the Damelin Short Programme in Supervision of Storekeeping and Stock Control Certificate.