Why this course is perfect for you?
This programme is intended for people who collect and deliver stock. The programme includes moving, packing and maintaining stock in a Distribution Centre/Warehouse and maintaining safety and housekeeping standards. Learners who have completed this programme will be able to count stock accurately in accordance with all organisational procedures.
Careers you’d be great at
With this programme, successful learners could pursue any of the following careers:
- Warehouse Personnel
- Storekeeping Personnel
- Distribution Personnel
How to get in?
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Learners must be working in the Wholesale and Retail Sector or have access to such practical experience.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 64 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
The following outcomes will be achieved in this programme:
- Prepare stock for delivery
- Plan the delivery
- Load and secure goods
- Obtain proof of delivery/pick up
- Handle discrepancies in deliveries
Move, pack and maintain stock in a distribution centre/warehouse
- Identify appropriate areas for packing stock
- Move stock to and pack stock in identified location
- Prevent shrinkage and losses while moving, packing and maintaining stock
- Maintain stock in the distribution centre
Operate a computer in a Wholesale/Retail outlet
- The hardware components of a computer system are pointed out and their functions explained
- Operate the store computer
- Maintain a store computer
Count stock for a stock-take
- Prepare for stock count
- Count stock
- Perform post stock count housekeeping functions
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the Damelin Short Programme in Storekeeping and Stock Control Certificate.