Why this course is perfect for you?
This module allows candidates to understand the main concepts underlying the secure use of ICT in daily life and to use relevant techniques and applications to maintain a secure network connection, use the Internet safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
This programme is suitable for security officers, auditors, security professionals, site administrators and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure and Data.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners could pursue any of the following career fields:
- IT Auditors
- IT Security Professionals
- Network Administrators
- Database Administrators
How to get in?
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Skills at Grade 11 or equivalent.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 16 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft.
- Protect a computer, device or network from malware and unauthorised access.
- Understand the types of networks, connection types and network specific issues, including firewalls.
- Browse the World Wide Web and communicate on the Internet securely.
- Understand security issues related to communications including email and instant messaging.
- Back-up and restore data appropriately and safely, and securely dispose of data and devices.
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, Damelin will apply on the learner’s behalf for the ICDL IT Security Certificate from ICDL South Africa. The ICDL Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification.