Why this course is perfect for you?
ICDL Image Editing provides the user with an understanding of the main concepts underlying digital images and the fundamental skills required to use an image editing application to enhance images, apply effects, and prepare an image for printing and publishing. By explaining the basics and the specific terms used, ICDL Image Editing covers the practical skills needed to get the most out of image editing software applications.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners could pursue any of the following career fields:
- Graphic Designer
- Image Editors
How to get in?
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Skills at Grade 11 or equivalent.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 16 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Understand the main concepts of using digital images and understand graphic format options and colour concepts
- Open an existing image, save an image in different formats, and set image file options
- Use built-in options such as displaying toolbars, palettes to enhance productivity
- Capture and save an image, use various selection tools, and manipulate images
- Create and use layers, work with text, use effects and filters, and use drawing and painting tools
- Prepare images for printing or publishing
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, Damelin will apply on the learner’s behalf for the ICDL Image Editing Certificate from ICDL South Africa. The ICDL Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification.