Why this course is perfect for you?
This programme will introduce the learner to the powerful features of an electronic office. It is designed for learners with some knowledge of computers who wish to learn about the fundamental aspects of the popular Microsoft Office standard software packages: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
The Damelin programme in Fundamentals of Microsoft Office is designed for learners working in a Windows environment or those who have completed the Computer Skills for Windows and Office programme, wanting to acquire additional PC skills.
Careers you’d be great at
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- Office Administrator
- Help Desk Support Administrator
- Project Administrator
How to get in?
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 42 hours and tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
PART 1: MS WINDOWS LEVEL 1
- Creating documents in Windows
- Organising files
- Communicating with Windows Messenger
- Creating an efficient work environment
- Researching and using Windows Media Player
- Cleaning up your system
- Finding information on the Internet
PART 2: MS WORD LEVEL 1
- The MS Word environment: help, save, enter text, review document, print
- Editing documents
- Formatting: text, paragraphs
- Adding tables
- Inserting graphics
- Page appearance
PART 3: MS EXCEL LEVEL 1
- An overview of Excel
- Modifying a worksheet
- Performing calculations
- Formatting a worksheet
- Developing a worksheet
- Developing a workbook
- Printing a workbook’s contents
- Customising layout
PART 4: MS POWERPOINT LEVEL 1
- Creating a custom designed template
- Adding organisational charts and diagrams
- Adding special effects
- Creating an Internet presentation
- Collaborating in PowerPoint
- Setting password protection
- Delivering a presentation
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion, the learner will receive the Damelin Short Programme in Fundamentals of Microsoft Office Certificate.