Why this course is perfect for you?
In South Africa there is an increased demand for qualified managers and supervisors to take charge of new divisions and branches of established businesses. Opportunities for small businesses, both in the formal and informal sector, have created the need for competent entrepreneurs. This programme is designed to give learners a thorough grounding in the essentials of business so that they can competently move up the management ladder or operate their own small business with confidence.
Learners apply fundamental principles, terminology and methods in solving well-defined problems. The qualification is aimed at equipping first-line managers with the knowledge and skills required to fulfil their management role within the organisation.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners could pursue a career as a:
- Business Owner
- Business Manager
- Senior Office Administrator
- Financial Clerks/Supervisor
How to get in?
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of English at Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Although not a requirement, it is recommended that learners should have some work experience and/or business administration knowledge.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 68 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays. Please enquire at your campus.
Course content and modules
The following outcomes will be achieved in this programme:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the free enterprise system
- Recognise the opportunities open to entrepreneurs
- Manage staff
- Market product/service to target market
- Manage financial functions
- Set up and manage a small business successfully
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the Damelin Short Programme in Business Administration and Management Certificate.