Why this course is perfect for you?
This Skills Programme is endorsed by the ICB and covers the outcomes of the fundamental unit standards required for the following:
- Certificate in Office Administration
Learners will register for this Skills Programme should they wish to obtain any of the above-mentioned qualifications as well as any other qualification that includes the same unit standards. This learning area is designed to equip the learner with the basic numerical and communication skills required to operate effectively in business.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners who have completed these unit standards, together with other relevant Skills Programmes (ICB), will be able to pursue a career in the Accounting/Entrepreneurial fields.
How to get in?
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Accounting at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 48 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Basic concepts in marketing management
- The internal marketing environment
- The external marketing environment
- Determining a marketing strategy
- Understanding ‘Product’ in the marketing mix
- Understanding ‘Price’ in the marketing mix..
- Understanding ‘Promotion’ in the marketing mix.
- The role of public relations and mass communication
- Integration – formulating a strategic marketing plan
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, ICB will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the modules covered. The ICB will apply to FASSET on the learner’s behalf for the Skills Programme in Marketing Management and Public Relations to be awarded. Learner results will be recorded on the ICB National Learner Records Database within 3 months of completion.
**Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.