Why this course is perfect for you?
This programme is for learners who are responsible for administering public accounts in the public sector and is aimed at addressing the need for transformation through training; to enhance the skills and competencies of government accounting staff that in turn will contribute to the efficiency and productivity of government.
This Programme in endorsed by the ICB and covers the Public Accounting Administration component required for the following:
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting NQF 4 (SAQA ID: 20352)
Careers you’d be great at
Learners who complete this qualification could pursue a career as a/an:
- Financial Manager of a small business
How to get in?
- Grade 11, NQF 3 or equivalent.
- The learner must be at least 16 years of age.
- No prior accounting knowledge needed.
Time you will spend on the course
The programme duration is 48 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays
Course content and modules
- Introduction to income tax
- Payroll administration
- Employees’ tax
- Accounting for payroll
- Completing tax returns
- The structure of the South African public sector
- The role of the financial management system in the public sector
- Revenue as a key aspect of public financial management
- Expenditure as a key aspect of public financial management
- The legislative framework governing financial management in the public sector
- Ethics in the South African public sector
- Introduction to supply chain management
- Introduction to cash management
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, ICB will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the modules covered.
**Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.