Why this course is perfect for you?
The ICB Programme in Financial Management and Control is specifically designed for those learners who are already, or those who wish to become, owner-managers or those who are responsible for the keeping of the financial records, of a small business. It is ideal for those who are new to financial management and who wish to acquire the essential skills and knowledge required to perform key financial tasks, and obtain a firm foundation to perform financial management tasks.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners who complete this qualification could pursue a career as a/an:
- Financial Manager of a small business
How to get in?
- ONLY learners who have successfully completed the full qualification Higher Certificate: Office Administration (SAQA ID 23619, Level 5) may proceed to register for this qualification.
- These learners will be granted credits towards this qualification.
- Admission WILL be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
Time you will spend on the course
This programme is 48 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- The role and function of the financial manager
- An introduction to auditing
- Management information systems
- An introduction to information systems
- Material and inventory control
- Labour cost control
- Allocating and controlling overheads
- Job costing
- Contract costing
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, ICB will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the modules covered.
**Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.