Why this course is perfect for you?
The ICB Programme in Entrepreneurship 1 is specifically designed for those learners who financially - minded and have dreams to start, manage or develop a small/medium sized business, or to help grow an establish local company to a global enterprise.
Careers you’d be great at
Learners who complete this qualification could pursue a career as a/an:
- Financial Manager of a small business
How to get in?
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of a South African 2nd language at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Skills at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Accounting at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent, or
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
Time you will spend on the course
This programme is 48 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Course content and modules
- Becoming an entrepreneur
- Financing and planning your business
- Formalising your business
- Getting your logistics on track
- Costing and financial techniques
- Budgeting, cash control and forecasting
- Working with SARS
- Introduction to Computing
- The Windows Operating System
- Working with Internet and email
- The entrepreneurial checklist
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
The strength in your qualification
Upon successful completion of the programme, ICB will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the modules covered.
**Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.