Become a new generation manager with a Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management
Why this course is perfect for you?
Are you a born leader who is fascinated by the intricacies of business? A career in management is one of the most versatile career paths you can explore, as there are job opportunities in almost any sector of industry.
The Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management teaches you about the different functions of business, including administration, business practice, market research, management information systems, organisational behaviour, corporate governance, corporate law, finance, and more.
Take charge as a student on campus, and build your CV through extracurricular activities, like joining the SRC or a sports club, and develop skills that will bring out the inner leader in you.
Why study at Damelin?
As soon as you join the Damelin family, you become part of a network of students, lecturers and friends, who will assist and support you during this exciting journey in your life. Our courses are designed to make your learning as comfortable as possible, with facilities that allow you to build your career in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our lecturers will provide all the support and guidance you require, so you leave the Damelin home with an unforgettable campus experience.
How to get in?
Registering for the Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management is easy. We have various touch-points for your convenience. Simply call, email, fill in an online enquiry form, or pop into one of our 17 campuses nationwide, where one of our consultants will gladly assist you.
- A Grade 12 Certificate with admission to degree studies.
- The minimum admission requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with a minimum of 30% in the language of learning and teaching of the higher education institution (English), coupled with an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50- 59%) or better in four subjects chosen from the designated subject list.
- Students who achieve 24 points or more may be admitted to the degree programme with no restrictions.
- Applicants 23 years and older, with four Grade 12 subjects, and with at least 3 passes in one sitting, with a minimum 3 E’s (SG) and one E (HG) symbols, may apply for a conditional exemption.
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption.
- Foreign Students whose first language is not English, may be required to provide proof of proficiency in English prior to admission to the programme.
Time you will spend on the course
You can complete the degree in 3 years full-time or 4 years, part-time. A year planner and academic calendar is available at the start of the year with dates and times of classes and campus activities to help you plan your schedule.
Course content and modules
You will cover these modules during the duration of your diploma.
YEAR 1: SEMESTER MODULES
*Indicates subjects that need to be completed in the sequence stipulated.
Business Management 1*
Economics 1 (Microeconomics)*
Financial Accounting 1*
Business Practice and Administration
Economics 2 (Macroeconomics)
** You have an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. If you pass, you will be awarded credits and will not be required to attend classes for this module.
YEAR 2: SEMESTER MODULES
Business Management 2
Financial Accounting 2
Management Information Systems
Principles of Corporate Governance
YEAR 3: SEMESTER MODULES
Operational Risk Management
Knowledge Management and Administration
Total Quality Management
Workplace Integrated Learning** (Project)
Click here for quick access to the fact sheet for more info.
Materials to stay ahead
A list of prescribed text books will be made available at the start of the course. You will also receive an electronic version (e-guide) of this course. Textbooks are excluded from the course fee.
Careers you’d be great at
- Business Manager
- Risk Manager
- Logistics and Supply Chain Manager
- Compliance Manager
The strength in your qualification
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management.
Take your education to the next degree
Go even further with a higher qualification. With this degree you can study further at Damelin or another accredited institution.
*Admission to further your studies remains the prerogative of each institution and its academic council.