Certificate | Part Time
In this Skills Programme, learners will be earning a certificate which shows that they have the expertise to confidently evaluate, design, maintain and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008 solutions. It will also allow the learner to demonstrate his/her ability to use new features, including Web tools, virtualization technologies, security enhancements and management utilities.
The programme duration is 84 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
- On successful completion of the programme, and if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional International exams, the learner will receive a Windows Server Enterprise Administration (MCITP) (70-647) Certificate for International recognition.
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
There are additional costs included in this programme if the learner will want to write the optional external Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) exam for international recognition. These exams may be written at any registered exam centre. Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
Windows Server Enterprise Administration (70-647)
- Plan network and application services
- Design core identity and access management components
- Design support identity and access management components
- Design for business continuity and data availability
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.