Certificate | Part Time
In this Skills Programme, learners will develop hands-on experience in Server Administration for Windows Server 2008 and prepare for the 70-646 MCITP exams. Whether you are looking to install, deploy, delegate, update, or secure your Windows Server 2008 computers, this course will guide you into becoming a highly qualified server administrator.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full programme: National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Support (PC Engineering), SAQA ID 48573, Level 5, 147 credits.
The programme duration is 95 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Upon successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external exam, the learner will receive a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) (70-646) Certificate.
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
There are additional costs included in this programme if the learner will want to write the optional external Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCTS) exam for international recognition. These exams may be written at any registered exam centre. Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
Windows Server Administration 2008 (70-646)
- Plan and implement Windows Server 2008 server deployment
- Plan and implement Windows Server 2008 server management
- Monitor, maintain and optimize servers
- Plan application and data provisioning
- Plan and implement high-availability strategies and ensure business continuity
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.