Certificate | Part Time
The Skills Programme in Spreadsheets will introduce the learner to the powerful features of an electronic office. It is designed for learners with some knowledge of computers who wish to learn about the fundamental aspects of the popular Microsoft Office Standard software packages. The Spreadsheets module gives learners the opportunity to obtain skills in the use of this application, acquiring a set of skills over and above the routine features of the software
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: National Certificate in End User Computing, SAQA ID 49077, Level 3, 130 credits.
The programme duration is 49 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Learners could pursue a career as a:
- Advanced End User Support Administrator
- Data Capturer
- Office Administrator (Admin Assistant)
- Upon successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, learners will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external exam, the learner will receive a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certificate.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at NQF level 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Relevant experience would be an advantage especially in NQF level 1 End User computing
- Approved CAT exemption (Grade 11)
Learners may write the optional external exams at the end of the programme for international recognition. This will cost extra as per the exchange rate at that time. These exams may be written at any registered exam centre. Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
- Microsoft Excel Basics
- Changing the Appearance of a Worksheet
- Organising a worksheet
- Entering Worksheet formulas
- Working with Charts
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.