Certificate | Part Time
This Skills Programme is designed for learners to form a foundation in Information Technology as a career. This PC Technologies programme prepares learners to do the CompTIA A+ exam. PC Technologies is aimed at those who wish to become PC technicians. At the end of this programme learners will be able to repair and upgrade hardware as well as support and trouble-shoot software and operating systems.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: PC Support, SAQA ID 21191, Level 4, 120 credits.
The programme duration is 76 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- IT Technician
- PC Support Technician
- On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the outcomes covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the outcomes covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external International exams, the learner will receive a CompTIA A+ Certificate (International recognition).
- English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Approved CAT exemption
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Learners may write the optional external exams at the end of the programme for international recognition. This will cost extra as per the exchange rate at that time. These exams may be written at any registered exam centre. Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
CompTIA A+ 220-801 Exam Objectives Mapped to Chapters
- DOMAIN 1.0 PC HARDWARE
- DOMAIN 2.0 NETWORKING
- DOMAIN 3.0 LAPTOPS
- DOMAIN 4.0 PRINTERS
- DOMAIN 5.0 OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES
CompTIA A+ 220-802 Exam Objectives Mapped to Chapters
- DOMAIN 1.0 OPERATING SYSTEMS
- DOMAIN 2.0 SECURITY
- DOMAIN 3.0 MOBILE DEVICES
- DOMAIN 4.0 TROUBLESHOOTING
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.