Certificate | Part Time
This Skills Programme is designed for learners who would enjoy the networking environment. It would also expose learners to networking, troubleshooting and implementation of networks.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: PC Support, SAQA ID 21191, Level 4, 120 credits.
The programme duration is 76 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, do research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- End User Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Technician
- On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the outcomes covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the outcomes covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external International exams, the learner will receive a CompTIA N+ Certificate (International recognition).
- English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Approved CAT exemption
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.)/A+ Certification
Learners may write the international exams at the end of the programme for international recognition. This will cost extra as per the exchange rate at that time. These exams may be written at any registered exam centre.Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
NETWORK TECHNOLOGIES (N+ PREPARATION) CompTIA’s Network+ N10-006 Exam Objectives Mapped to Chapters
- Introduction to Networking
- How Computers Find Each Other on Networks
- How Data Is Transported Over Networks
- Structured Cabling and Networking Elements
- Network Cabling
- Wireless Networking
- Cloud Computing and Remote Access
- Network Risk Management
- Unified Communications and Network Performance Management
- Network Segmentation and Virtualization
- Wide Area Networks
- Industrial and Enterprise Networking
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.