Certificate | Part Time
The Skills Programme in Database will introduce the learner to the powerful features of an electronic office. It is designed for learners with some knowledge of computers who wish to learn about the fundamental aspects Database System of the popular Microsoft Office Standard software packages. Database module gives learners the opportunity to obtain skills in the use of this application, acquiring a set of skills over and above the routine features of Microsoft Office Data capturing.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: National Certificate in End User Computing, SAQA ID 49077, Level 3, 130 credits
The programme duration is 49 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Learners could pursue a career as a:
- End User Support Administrator
- Data Capturer
- Office Administrator (Admin Assistant)
- Upon successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external exam, the learner will receive a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certificate
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at NQF level 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Relevant experience would be an advantage especially in NQF level 1 End User computing
- Approved CAT exemption (Grade11)
Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
- Microsoft Access Basics
- Creating a Database
- Creating Queries
- Creating and Modifying Forms
- Creating and Modifying Reports
- Integrating Access
- This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills