Certificate | Part Time | Damelin Short Programme*
Learners completing this programme will be able to explain the effect of shrinkage and loss in the organisation, identify potential areas of loss and causes of loss within their designated area and implement loss control measures. They will be able to prepare for the stock counts, staff the outlet to meet counting requirements, train staff and analyse the results of a stock count event for reporting purposes.
The programme duration is 80 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
With this programme, successful learners could pursue any of the following careers:
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Storekeeping Supervisor
- Distribution Supervisor
- On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive a Damelin Short Programme Certificate in Supervision of Storekeeping and Stock Control.
- Learners are required to have knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 11 or equivalent.
Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
The following outcomes will be achieved in this programme :
Supervise customer service standards
- Implement customer service standards
- Improve customer service standards
- Oversee the handling of customer queries and complaints
Supervise implementation of loss control measures
- Explain the effect of shrinkage and losses
- Implement action to minimise losses in identified areas
- Implement measures to reduce shoplifting
Supervise stock counts
- Supervise stock count preparations
- Prepare staff for a stock count
- Oversee the counting process
- Supervise post stock count procedures