Certificate | Part Time
This Short Programme in Social Marketing provides students with an understanding of Marketing Philosophies and Methodologies. The student will gain knowledge in the art of selling, communication, prospecting, the various sales presentation methods, how to deal with objections and ethics.
This course is extracted from the Damelin Diploma in Marketing Management. Students who wish to carry this course towards the Diploma in Marketing Management must also meet all the programme admission requirements.
The course duration is 60 hours and tuition is face to face. Damelin part-time tuition is scheduled per campus. Short programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings and/or Saturday mornings on a part-time basis
Learners could pursue a career as a:
- Social Marketing
- Sales Management
- Marketing Communications
- Public Relations
- On successful completion of the programme, students will receive a Damelin Short Programme in Social Marketing.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- English language proficiency
- At least two years of work experience
Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
The following topics are covered in this course:
- Defining and distinguishing social marketing
- Social marketing segmentation, evaluation and selection of target audiences
- Social marketing targeting, objectives and goal setting
- Social marketing positioning
- Social marketing barriers, benefits, competition and motivators