Certificate | Part Time | Damelin Short Programme*
The Short Programme in Operations and Supply Chain Management’s objective is to introduce students to the fundamental concepts and practices in Operations Management. This Short Programme is designed to provide students with a good theoretical and practical understanding of operations management theory, concepts and skills including inter alia, the design, plan and control operations activities and how to improve on operations activities.
This course is extracted from the Damelin Bachelor of Business Management degree. Students who wish to carry this course towards the Bachelor of Commerce in Business Management degree must also meet all the programme admission requirements.
The course duration is 80 hours and tuition is face to face. Damelin part-time tuition is scheduled per campus. Short programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings and/or Saturday mornings on a part-time basis.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Demand Planning
- On successful completion of the programme, students will receive a Damelin Short Programme in Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Applicants must have:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- English language proficiency
- At least two years of work experience
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guide etc.
The following topics are covered in this course :
- Understanding the Supply Chain
- Supply Chain drivers and metrics
- Distribution Networks
- Supply Chain Performance: Achieving Strategic Fit and Scope
- Pricing and revenue: Management of the Supply Chain and Logistics