Certificate | Part Time
The programme is designed to help the aspirant Personnel Officer meet the demands and challenges of this important function. Greater productivity is becoming increasingly dependent upon improved people performance. Proper selection, induction, training and communication are essential skills for HR personnel. This programme is suitable for newcomers to the field of human resources, as well as those who require knowledge of human resource practices.
The programme duration is 60 hours and tuition is face-to-face. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays. Please enquire at your campus.
Learners could pursue any of the following career fields:
- Labour Relations
- Training and Development
- Human Resource generalist
- On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive a Damelin Short Programme Certificate in Fundamentals of Human Resources.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at Grade 11 or equivalent.
Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
Foundation of human resource management
- Introduction to human resource management (HRM)
- Laws impacting on human resource management
Employment and onboarding
- Talent planning and recruitment
- Induction and socialisation
- Remuneration and reward
- Health, safety and wellness
- Employee development and career management
- Performance management
- Diversity management and retention
Behavioural aspects of human resource management
- Groups and teams
- E-HRM and knowledge management
- Change management
Strategic and international HR management
- Strategic human resource management
- International humman resource management
- The future of human resource management