Certificate | Part Time
The Basic C# Programming Short Programme will introduce you to the concept of object-orientation (OO), a type of structured programming. This course is primarily aimed at beginning programmers who want to learn how to program in C#. This course is extracted from the Damelin Diploma in Information Technology. Students who wish to carry this course towards the Diploma in Information Technology must also meet all the programme admission requirements.
The course duration is 40 hours and tuition is face to face. Damelin part-time tuition is scheduled per campus. Short programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings and/or Saturday mornings on a part-time basis.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- C# Game Programming
- Freelance Programming
- Systems Development
- Software Engineering
On successful completion of the programme, students will receive a Damelin Short Programme Certificatein Basic C# Programming.
Applicants must have:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- English language proficiency
- Intermediate level experience in using computers within a Microsoft Windows environment
Students must make provision for additional items such as textbooks, stationery, supplementary examinations, research costs and printing of study guide etc.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Write and understand basic C# language constructs, syntax and semantics
- Review C# code for errors
- Declare variables and assign values
- Catch, handle and throw exceptions
- Build C# classes and inheritance hierarchies
- Implement decision structures and loop structures to control program output and execution