Certificate | Full Time and Part Time
This National Certificate: N4 Engineering Studies programme allows access to a University of Technology for further studies, provided the learner fulfils all entry requirements.
The course content provides a firm grounding for further study towards the National N Diploma.
Students who complete the N4 Level have three options:
- Apply to University of Technology for S1 Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering provided a minimum of 50% pass in all subjects is achieved
- Apply to complete the National N Diploma in Engineering Studies, once the N5 and N6 Certificates have been completed, and all other requirements as stipulated by the DHET have been met
- Enter the workplace
- Full Time: Minimum 1 Year
- Part time: Minimum 1 Year
With this qualification, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Laboratory Assistant
- Process Controller
- Instrument Technician
- Certificates and diplomas are issued by the DHET
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities
- All result letters will only be issued by the DHET
- Release of statements of results and certificates are dependent on DHET timelines and are not within Damelin’s control
Upon successful completion of this programme, learners will receive a:
- National N4 Certificate (N4 Engineering Studies)
N3 National Certificate/Senior Certificate/NSC (Maths or Maths Literacy required).
There are additional costs such as text books, a drawing board and some Engineering accessories e.g. drawing instruments, etc. Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.