Certificate | Full Time
This qualification is highly flexible, in that it accommodates the combination of a wide range of articulation options. The need for this flexibility results from the dynamic environment of the banking sector and reflects the fact that general education is valued in the banking sector. This qualification allows learners as many opportunities as possible to deploy what they learn in the workplace environment.
1 year, full-time study based on the NQF notional hours.
- As banking is such a wide, fluid environment, career paths in banking are varied and intermixed.
Upon successful completion of the whole programme, i.e. competence achieved in the summative assessments, the successful completion of the WIL component, and provided the learner’s PoE is found competent, the learner will receive a Damelin Results Letter outlining the unit standards covered. Damelin will apply to BANKSETA on the learner’s behalf for the National Certificate: Banking: SAQA ID 61589 (Credits 120) to be awarded.
A combination of competencies obtained in the Further Education and Training band will serve as a learning base to progress into the Level 5 qualification.
Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
SKILLS PROGRAMME 1
- Sales related services within the banking sector
- Banking related financial needs of a business
SKILLS PROGRAMME 2
- Banking related direct selling techniques
- Bank products and services
- Product features, advantages and benefits to the customer
SKILLS PROGRAMME 3
- Legislative and regulatory requirements and their impact
- Banking transactions
- Bank accounts
SKILLS PROGRAMME 4
- Information technology risks in a banking environment
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace Learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the programme, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.