Certificate | Part Time | Agent Programme**
The purpose of this programme is to enable the learner to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of sound accounting theory and practice.
Upon completion of this programme, the learner would have acquired knowledge of research methodology in Accounting, as well as developments in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
The programme duration is 8 hours and the tuition is face-to-face. This excludes time to complete assignments, research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
Learners, who complete this programme, will be able to pursue a career in the area of:
- Financial Accounting
- Upon successful completion of the programme, ICB will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the outcomes covered. **Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.
- Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1-8) – or be a qualified Technical Financial Accountant. National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting NQF L5 – or equivalent.
- Upon enrolment, learners will have to pay a once-off Registration Fee with the ICB (if they have not done so previously). Note: Registration fees are payable to the Damelin campus who will in turn pay it over to the ICB on the learner’s behalf. Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
Research Theory and Practice
- Discuss the nature of accounting research
- Identify and articulate the problem or issue
- Formulate research objectives
- Select relevant theories, concepts and models to provide a theoretical framework for analysing a research study
- Analyse and interpret findings
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations