Higher Certificate | Full-Time and Part-Time
On successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to seek positions in the field of PC Engineering. Students will have a broad knowledge of ICT principles and fundamental knowledge of digital electronics that can be used to set up computers and networks.
The purpose of the Higher Certificate in PC Engineering is to equip students with effective and practical business-oriented IT skills so that they will be able to make a constructive contribution in the workplace. The qualification aims to provide Students with the opportunity to specialise in particular business and technical options. Students will be taught to effectively use computers and set up networks.
The programme duration is 1 year full-time and tuition is face to face. Damelin tuition is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Network Administration
- Data Processing
- Web Development
- PC Support
- Systems Analysis and Design
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Higher Certificate in PC Engineering.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Higher Certificate endorsement, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with Higher Certificate endorsement, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), or Amended Senior Certificate (ASC), or
- An equivalent international school-leaving certificate / foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level, or
- Age Exemption (23 years or older):
- At least five years post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wants to study and
- Proof of English language proficiency and
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
Basic Hardware 1A*
Basic Hardware 1B*
Computer Systems Maintenance
Data Communications and Networks
Basic Electronics and Digital Electronics
End User Computing***