Certificate | Full Time and Part Time
Level 1,Level 2
Damelin offers the Foundation Certificate: Engineering Studies at N1 and N2 Level. The course content provides a solid foundation for further study towards the National N Diploma: Engineering Studies.
The Foundation Certificate: Engineering Studies affords you an opportunity to assess your aptitude, abilities and interests in a particular field of Engineering E.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Civil.
- Full Time: Minimum 1 Year
- Part time: Minimum 2 Years
The Foundation Certificate consists of two distinct career groups:
- Junior Technicians and
- Junior Technologists
- Certificates and diplomas are issued by the DHET
- All qualifications are nationally recognised by industry and universities
- All result letters will only be issued by the DHET
- Release of statements of results and certificates are dependent on DHET timelines and are not within Damelin's control
Upon successful completion of the programme, learners will receive a:
- National N1 Certificate (Engineering Studies)
- National N2 Certificate (Engineering Studies)
Grade 9 with Mathematics and Science.
There are additional costs such as text books, a drawing board and some Engineering accessories, e.g. drawing instruments, etc. Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.