Certificate | Full Time
The FETC: Human Resources Management and Practices Support qualification at NQF Level 4 will skill learners in performing administrative duties related to human resource management and practices; supporting the implementation of procedures and systems related to human resource management and practices; strategic planning for human resources; the acquisition, development and utilisation of people; the establishment and improvement of labour and employee relations; staffing compensation and administration; managing information related to human resources; responding to queries on organisational procedures related to human resources; a basic understanding of people dynamics and impact in the workplace; a basic understanding of the functioning of business and the role and contribution of individuals within organisation’s; and identify strengths and areas for self-learning.
1 year, full-time study based on the NQF notional hours.
The learners who complete the qualification could pursue a career as a:
- Human Resources Office
- Human Resources Administrator
- Human Resources Personnel Manager
Upon successful completion of the programme, learners will receive a Damelin results letter outlining the unit standards covered and if the PoE is found competent, Damelin will apply to SABPP for the Further Education and Training Certificate: Human Resources Management and Practices Support: SAQA ID 67463 (Credits 140) certificate.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of a South African 2nd language at NQF Level 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and applicatio of Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
- Learners are expected to make provision for the following item: Event Planners’ Toolkit, subject to quote from suppliers.
- Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
Human Resources Management
- Apply basic business concepts
- Assess legal contracts for business
- Represent stakeholders in consultations and discussions on matters that arise at shop floor level
- Work as a project team member
- Explain the fundamentals of the concept of ‘wellness’
- Explain the need for wellness awareness programmes
- Apply knowledge of HIV/AIDS to a specific business sector and a workplace
Training and Development
- Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions
- Induct a new employee
- Perform one-to-one training on the job
- Manage individual and team performances
- Demonstrate understanding of employment relations in an organisation
- Participate in the implementation and utilisation of equity related processes
- Analyse the skills development legislation and apply it in the workplace
- Concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Using the Computer & Managing Files
- Word Processing
- Web Browsing and Communication (Internet & email: Outlook)
- English 1st language – Level 4
- South African 2nd language – Level 3
- Mathematical literacy – Level 4
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.