Certificate | Full Time and Agent Programme**
- Provide the learner with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a bookkeeper
- Equip the learners with a qualification that can be used in the field of Accounting
- Provide employers and others with an adequate basis for assuring that those learners gaining the qualification are competent to act as Bookkeepers, providing accounting and financial management support in medium to large organisations or to act as a senior Bookkeeper in a smaller organisation under the supervision of an outsourced Chartered Accountant or Accounting officer
- Encourage the widest possible access to the accounting profession and other accounting qualifications by making it possible for the following learners to obtain a bookkeeping qualification:
- Those who have performed an accounting and/or bookkeeping function in their organisation for some time without a formal qualification in Accounting
- Those who have recently taken up a position as a support staff member in the Accounting section of an organisation.
1 year, full-time study based on contact hours as determined by the ICB.
Learners who complete this qualification could pursue a career as a/an:
- Junior Accountant, Assistant Accountant
- Perform all monthly and annual bookkeeping
Upon successful completion of the programme, ICB will issue learners with a Results Letter outlining the modules covered and the FET Certificate: Bookkeeping, SAQA ID 58376 (Credits 130) with a FASSET endorsement will be awarded. Learner results will be recorded on the ICB National Learner Records Database within 3 months of completion.
**Whenever Damelin offers training towards a programme that will be awarded by another provider or institute, it is called an Agent Programme. In the case of an Agent Programme, Damelin registers the learners, provides tuition and conducts internal assessments. External examinations with the agent body will result in learners receiving the certificate from them.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Skills at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Accounting at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent, or
- Learners who have successfully completed the National Certificate: Bookkeeping (SAQA ID 58375, Level 3)
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
- Learners are expected to make provision for the following item: Event Planners’ Toolkit, subject to quote from suppliers.
- Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
- Bookkeeping as an aspect of financial management in larger organisations.
- Finalization and interpretation of accounts/financial statements
- Depreciable assets
- Financial statements of the sole trader
- Partnerships, Close Corporations and companies
- Cash Flow Statements
This programme does not include a Workplace Learning Component
Cost and Management Accounting
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Controlling inventory and overhead costs
- Accounting for a manufacturing enterprise
- Financial management: understanding the importance of financial reporting
- Organisational ethics & revision: Identifying and understanding the ethical issues relating to finance in an organisation.