National Qualification | Full-Time and Part-Time
The Diploma in Photography aims to provide students with sound knowledge and practical skills required to perform effectively in the Photography industry. The purpose of the qualification is to provide students with the ability to operate and apply Photography functions within the Photography environment.
The programme equips students with a comprehensive knowledge of photographic or imaging processes, materials and apparatus. On successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to seek entry level positions in the field Photography and Image Processing.
The programme duration is 3 years on a full-time basis, or 4 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Freelance Photography
- Professional Photography
- Photographic Styling
- Photographic Technician
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Diploma in Photography.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Diploma endorsement, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with Diploma endorsement, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), or Amended Senior Certificate (ASC), or
- An equivalent international school-leaving certificate / foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level, or
- Age Exemption (23 years or older):
- At least five years post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wants to study and
- Proof of English language proficiency and
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
* Indicates subjects that need to be completed in the sequence stipulated, i.e. it is a pre-requisite to first complete Module A, before registering for Module B, or complete 1st Year, before registering for 2nd Year.
Functional Photography 1A*
Functional Photography 1B*
End User Computing**
**Students will be given an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. Should a student pass the exam they will be exempted from attending tuition for this module and credits will be awarded.
Functional Photography 2A*
Functional Photography 2B*
Applied Photography 2A*
Applied Photography 2B
Functional Photography 3A*
Functional Photography 3B*
Photoshop for Photographers
Experiential Learning ***
***Note that it is compulsory for all students to complete 160 hours of Experiential Learning in the workplace.