National Qualification | Full-Time and Part-Time
The Diploma in Office Management aims to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills required to perform effectively as an Office Administrator. The primary purpose of the qualification is to provide students with knowledge and skills necessary to become a competent office administrator/secretary. Office Management is the hub and the engine room for effective management and operations. This qualification thus enables students to become skilled office managers who can contribute to management responsibilities.
On successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to pursue an administrative position at a senior level in all sectors of industry. Students qualified in this field of study will be able to provide competent and effective management support in the form of administrative services as well as office management.
The programme duration is 3 years on a full-time basis, or 4 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Personal assistant (PA) and executive assistant (EA)
- Office Coordination
- Office Management
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Diploma in Office Management.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Diploma endorsement, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with Diploma endorsement, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), or Amended Senior Certificate (ASC), or
- An equivalent international school-leaving certificate / foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level, or
- Age Exemption (23 years or older):
- At least five years post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wants to study and
- Proof of English language proficiency and
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
* Indicates subjects that need to be completed in the sequence stipulated, i.e. it is a pre-requisite to first complete Module A, before registering for Module B, or complete 1st Year, before registering for 2nd Year.
Concepts of Data Processing
Business Management 1A *
Business Management 1B*
End-User Computing **
Typing 1 *
**Students will be given an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. Should a student pass the exam they will be exempted from attending tuition for this module and credits will be awarded.
Human Resource Management 1
Introduction to Public Relations
Financial Accounting 1A*
Financial Accounting 1B*
Business Management 2*
Company Secretarial Practice
Principles of Project Management
***Note that it is compulsory for all students to complete 160 hours of Experiential Learning in the work place.