National Qualification | Full-Time and Part-Time
The Diploma in Media and Graphic Design aims to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills required to be employed in the highly competitive fields of media and graphic design. The programme also offers information and practical knowledge on a variety of related subjects which include Media Law, Critical Studies and Business Communication. The qualification provides an exciting career opportunity in the field of Media and Graphic Design.
The programme duration is 3 years on a full-time basis, or 4 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Advertising and Design Production
- Web Design
- Digital Illustration
- Print Production
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Diploma in Media and Graphic Design.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Diploma endorsement, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with Diploma endorsement, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), or Amended Senior Certificate (ASC), or
- An equivalent international school-leaving certificate / foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level, or
- Age Exemption (23 years or older):
- At least five years post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wants to study and
- Proof of English language proficiency and
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
* Indicates subjects that need to be completed in the sequence stipulated, i.e. it is a pre-requisite to first complete Module A, before registering for Module B, or complete 1st Year, before registering for 2nd Year.
Media & Graphic Design 1A*
Media & Graphic Design 1B*
Design and Drawing Techniques 1A*
Design and Drawing Techniques 1B*
End-User Computing **
Media and Graphic Design History
**Students will be given an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. Should a student pass the exam, they will be exempted from attending tuition for this module and credits will be awarded.
Media & Graphic Design 2A*
Media & Graphic Design 2B*
Design and Drawing Techniques 2A*
Design and Drawing Techniques 2B*
Principles of Marketing
Media & Graphic Design 3A*
Media & Graphic Design 3B*
Design and Drawing Techniques 3A*
Design and Drawing Techniques 3B*
Experiential Learning ***
***Note that it is compulsory for all students to complete 160 hours of Experiential Learning in the workplace.