National Qualification | Full-Time and Part-Time
The Diploma in Financial Accounting aims to provide students with the knowledge and practical skills required to be employed in the highly competitive fields of finance and general management. The programme offers information and practical knowledge on a variety of related subjects such as Project Management, Taxation and Business Communication but the main focus of the programme is on Financial Accounting. The qualification provides an exciting career opportunity in the field of accounting.
The programme duration is 3 years on a full-time basis, or 4 years on a part-time basis. Tuition is face to face and is scheduled per campus. Programmes are offered during the week on a full-time and part-time basis. Part-time tuition is scheduled as per the stipulated planner.
Students can pursue a career in the following fields:
- Business Administration
- Credit Control
- Financial Analysis
On successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a Diploma in Financial Accounting.
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Diploma endorsement, or
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) at NQF Level 4 with Diploma endorsement, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), or Amended Senior Certificate (ASC), or
- An equivalent international school-leaving certificate / foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level, or
- Age Exemption (23 years or older):
- At least five years post-Secondary School experience in the field in which the student wants to study and
- Proof of English language proficiency and
- Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Mature age applicants, 45 years and older without a school leaving qualification, may apply for conditional exemption
* Indicates subjects that need to be completed in the sequence stipulated, i.e. it is a pre-requisite to first complete Module A, before registering for Module B, or complete 1st Year, before registering for 2nd Year.
Financial Accounting 1A*
Financial Accounting 1B*
Principles of Micro-economics*
Principles of Macroeconomics*
End-User Computing **
**Students will be given an opportunity to complete the EUC entrance exam. Should a student pass the exam, they will be exempted from attending tuition for this module and credits will be awarded.
Financial Accounting 2*
Cost and Management Accounting
Principles of Project Management
Principles of Taxation
Management Principles and Practices
Financial Accounting 3*
Corporate Governance Practice
***Note that it is compulsory for all students to complete 160 hours of Experiential Learning in the work place.