Certificate | Full Time
This programme is designed to introduce learners to the fast growing broadcast industry. Successful learners are able to demonstrate specialised skills and techniques such as performing in front of various media and using their voices as effective communication tools in a professional manner.
1 year full-time study according to certificate requirements.
With this programme, successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Television Presenter
- Radio Presenter
- Continuity Radio Presenter
- Voice Over Artist
- Dubbing Artist
- News Anchor
Upon successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the Damelin TV and Radio Presenting Certificate.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English language at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent.
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.
- Learners are expected to make provision for additional items such as wardrobe and hair products. A media learner pack consisting of make-up and digital video tapes, subject to supplier quotation. A list will be provided by the local Damelin Campus.
- Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
- Formal equipment and elements in radio studio are investigated
- Meanings in radio production are explained
- Appropriate theoretical models to analysing radio forms are investigated
Television Studio Production
- Knowledge of preparation in a television studio is investigated
- Processes and skills to present on television is demonstrated and applied
- Quiz and light entertainment programmes on radio are investigated and evaluated
- Planning and produce two programmes within the genres of quiz and light entertainment
- Media projects are identified, devised, negotiated and agreed upon
- Project specifications are generated
- Local government organisations governing media industries are investigated
- Characteristics of a documentary are identified
- Principles of creating a documentary are discussed
- English 1st language
- South African 2nd language
- Mathematical literacy
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace Learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills