Certificate | Full Time
This programme is designed to introduce learners to the multimedia industry. Successful learners are able to demonstrate specialised skills and techniques such as developing a design concept from conceptual stage through to a final product and generating images using different software applications.
1 year full time study according to certificate requirements.
Learners could pursue a career as a:
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Junior Advertising Agent
Upon successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the Damelin Media Design and Technology Certificate.
Candidates accessing this qualification should demonstrate their ability to read, analyse and reflect on study material at least on NQF Level 3. Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Language at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematics at NQF Level 2/Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Learners are expected to make provision for additional items such as colour printing and stationery, Various digital media such as a flash disk, CDs, DVDs, A3 portfolio bag and art utensils.
- Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
Computer Applications Design
- Effective use and application of Photoshop
- Effective use of CorelDraw and Illustrator
- Operate a computer and software systems to create, manipulate and automate sound
- Creative process and techniques
- Factors of design
- Role of a designer in industry
- Basic design is used to develop corporate identity
- Basic typographic and design techniques
- Marketing environment and trends
- Applying marketing principles and market research tools
- Creativity and entrepreneurship
- South African business environment
- English 1st language
- South African 2nd language
- Mathematical literacy
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component. Workplace Learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.